Read indie game reviews here!

Read indie game reviews here!

Monday 22 June 2015

Make it stop. An indie game review.



Hi guys. Today I will be reviewing North Suns Entertainment's very own Make It Stop, an indie game!

Click your way through each level as you discover the true meaning of insanity. This game is packed with 20 levels of puzzles that will keep you busy for hours as you test your skills in patience and spatial recognition.

The game status is complete and playable, for window users only.

Let's begin.


Graphics:

The graphics are plain and not in great detail. Some are also a bit blurry and that's not great when you try to jump near a spike and you suddenly die.




Sound:

There is no sound with the game, but that's not a problem though, the game would
actually work well without it.



Music:

There is also no music with the game which was very dissapointing for me as I would 
loved to hear something while I was playing


Controls:

The controls are easy to use. You simply had to press the space bar to jump
over all the different obstacles in the way of the protagainst. The only problem I have 
is the game doesn't tell you what key to use.





Gameplay:

The gameplay is quite hard as you advance through each level and mark my words
you will die more than twice. The game is very addicting, but I feel this should be a mobile
game and not a downloadable pc game.



Difficulty:

This game requires precise timing on when to jump and as a result of this,
it makes the game very challenging and addictive.

Settings:

The game has no settings and to be honest, it doesn't need any right now as there
is no music or sound to toggle with.




Tutorial/How to play:

There appears to be no tutorial with the game and this is quite a problem as
it took me a while to learn how to jump. I feel every game should a tutorial or instructions 
to teach new players how to play the game.


     

What I liked:

I loved the fun, addicting platforming action and advancing to the next level. This reminded me of a game I made a while back called Diamond Grounds, that's still
on a forum somewhere. 


Very bad art isn't it.


What I didn't like:
So let's go over what I didn't like.
1) Some blurry graphics.
2) No music.
3) No tutorial.

4) Not a mobile game.

Rating:
4.1/5

I really enjoyed this game and I would recommend it to anyone of any age (Unless you are under One year old when most likely, you would rather play with a toy train.)










No comments:

Post a Comment