Read indie game reviews here!

Read indie game reviews here!

Thursday 25 June 2015

Aliens Clash. An indie game review.


Hi guys. Sorry about yesterday. I didn't have time to make a review as I was quite busy. Anyway, I will be reviewing a game by DarkBloodBane called Aliens Clash.

2 Alien races have clashed for years, the winner will be decided by the champion of each race Play as the champion of a race. Travel and shoot your way through different worlds and levels. Win your race and defeat the other champion! You have a choice to be two characters.


Brue: Walks on ground, able to jump, able to shoot in 8 direction and can reflect projectiles
OR
Rode: Flies and able to shoot rapidly in 8 direction
Each champion has its own journey so make sure to try both champions!



The game status is complete and playable, for window users only. This game is on gamejolt.


Let's begin.

Graphics:
The graphics aren't exactly a work of art, but the game was made for the crudegraphicsjam. I didn't mind them but if some work went into graphics, this would be a wonderful game.

Sounds:
The sounds fit the game perfectly and nothing needs to be changed here.
I liked them as they gave the game that arcade feel.



Music:

The music also fit the game and gave the arcade feel, so that's all fine.




Controls:

The default controls are fine, but you can change them in the settings to your
liking.





Gameplay:

This game reminds me of streets of rage on how you advance through each level
and the boss at the end of them. I felt the game is kinda slow and I would prefer if it 
was faster as that's the kind of games I like. You can also choose to be two characters 
with two different journeys. If you prefer to defend yourself and walk, play as Brue. If
you like flying and rapid shooting, play as rode. I personally prefer Brue as I love the 
ability to give a dose of the enemies own medicine by reflecting their projectiles.



Difficulty:

This game is really hard and challenging. It is defenitaly not for the casual

gamer. If you are looking for a challenge, well here is a tough one







Settings:

Like his last game DarkBloodbane always includes a variety of settings to 
optimize the game to your liking.





Tutorial/How to play:

The game comes with instructions on how to play as well, they don't
go past very fast and are easy to follow. Good work there DarkBloodBane.




What I liked:

I liked to reflect shots at enemies as Brue and flying as Rode. I also like
the names of the characters. Brue = blue, Rode = red. 

What I didn't like: 

So let's go over what I didn't like:
The slow gameplay.
The bad artwork. (Although I can forgive it as it is part of a jam.)

Rating: 4.8/5

This is a very good game that you must give a go.

Try it out!

If you want to play this game, then just click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment