Read indie game reviews here!

Read indie game reviews here!

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Black Forest an indie game review.



Hello everyone, it's time to review another game. This one is called Black Forest and it was made by
mikelarg.

You woke up in a cold, black forest. Your brain telling you that no one is happy to see you here. You decision is obvious — run. On the way to your rescue you meet terrific amount of body parts of fellows, which has less luck than you do. Collect these body parts! While you running you can see horrible ghosts — be careful with them! Good luck!

The game status is complete and playable for android users only. This game is on the google
play store and gamejolt.

Let's begin.

Graphics:

This game has great looking spooky horror game graphics that give you that
feeling that what's coming next isn't pleasant, great work!





Sound:

The sound effects for this game are really creepy which made chills run down my spine. Well done.



Music:
The game doesn't have music, nor does it need it as it is replaced by spooky sounds of
dead people screaming. Try playing this game at night.

No music, no problem.

Controls:
The controls are very simple to use. You simply hold either the left or right side of the
screen to go that direction.






Gameplay:
This game gives me the chills and needs a lot of skill to master. You have to avoid trees
and to make it much more difficult, you have these headless freaky monsters in your way
as well. Random faces pop up, which made me drop my phone and lose. I was very scared for
a while as I played this game alone. After a few minutes, I slowly picked up the phone and
held it far away from me as I continued running in the forest. You can buy in game purchases as well.



Difficulty:
The game does require some skill to master and the ability not to drop your phone when a
scary face jumps right at you. Brilliant!





Settings:  
Okay I'm only going to list the most important setting, and that is the mute button. I am not one for
horror games, but this one I quite enjoyed, but I couldn't listen to the sounds as they
freaked me out too much. The game comes in two languages, Russian and English.







Tutorial/How to play:
Again, the controls are easy to use, but the game is hard to master, so a very good job
done here.




What I liked:

The game's sound effects (In the day)
The great creepy graphics
The face jumping up at you (In the day)

What I didn't like:

The game's sound effects (In the night)
The face jumping up at you (In the night)


Rating: 5/5

For someone who doesn't like horror games I really enjoyed this one and recommend
it to anyone who loves a jump scare.

Try it out!

The game is free on the google play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mikelarg.blackforest. Gamejolt link http://gamejolt.com/games/black-forest/76819

No comments:

Post a Comment